Locum Nurses and Midwives
Eligible nursing and midwifery professions
To join our locum register, you must be employed at an eligible health service for one of the following professions:
- Enrolled Nurse
- Registered Midwife
- Registered Midwife (and Registered Nurse)
- Registered Midwife (and Registered Nurse) – Independent Practice
- Registered Nurse – Emergency Care
- Registered Nurse – Emergency Care and Ward
- Registered Nurse – General Practice
- Registered Nurse – Intensive Care
- Registered Nurse – Mental Health
- Registered Nurse – Operating Theatre
- Registered Nurse – Primary Healthcare
- Registered Nurse – PHC (Remote Practice)
- Registered Nurse – Paediatrics
- Registered Nurse – Ward
How our program works
Submit your expression of interest, and our team will guide you through our application process to become a Rural LAP health service locum. Once credentialed, we will contact you when suitable opportunities are available. We will put you forward for positions you agree to apply for and support you throughout your placement if you are successful.
While on placement, you’ll receive an hourly wage plus superannuation, an incentive of $150 per working day and a $100 travel allowance. We also arrange and pay for your travel and accommodation.
Join our locum team and help us to alleviate workforce shortages and relieve burnout in rural and remote Australia.
Entitlement to work in Australia
In addition to practising one of the eligible positions, you must:
- be legally entitled to work in Australia
- have current, unrestricted professional registration in your field of practice.
Rural LAP health service locums must also meet the established minimum credentials.