To access our locum support for aged care, you must be:
- an approved aged care service* providing:
- Home Care, Residential Home Care, National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care, or Multi-Purpose Services in MM 4-7¹ or,
- Commonwealth Home Support Program in MM 6-7.
- seeking a locum for one of the eligible positions listed below.
*In exceptional circumstances where continuity of care is seen as high risk, other services providing aged care may also be considered for the placement of locums.
- Registered Nurse
- Enrolled Nurse
- Residential Aged Care Facility Manager
- Residential Support Worker
- Care Support Worker
- Personal Care Worker
- Care Coordinator
- Community Support Worker
- Exercise physiologist
- Occupational therapist
- Social worker
Placements span between 14 and 90 calendar days. Under exceptional circumstances, an extension may be sought by the host facility for up to 30 additional days.
Note: host facilities are limited to applying for one allocation/assignment per position per annum. Special consideration may be given in extreme circumstances such as to help avoid a facility closing and/or not being able to operate.
At least two weeks’ notice is required
Requests for locum support must be made at least two weeks prior to the commencement of the placement. Short notice applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Incentives for permanent placements
- Permanent relocation payments will be paid to approved individuals (usually moving from MM 1-3 locations) to fill an aged care vacancy in MM 4-7 and committing to at least one year in the new location.
- Annual retention bonuses are paid to approved individuals working in MM 4-7 aged care services.
¹ The Modified Monash Model (MMM) is how we define whether a location is very remote, remote, rural or a city. You can search your services MM classification here.